Will I feel pain during the procedure?
The second session in which the teeth will be filled down takes about 1 or 1.5 hours, depending on the number of teeth to be made. Approximately half a millimeter of filling down is performed on the tooth under local anaesthesia. The impression is taken. Although the preparation of the teeth depends on the number of teeth, it can be completed in 1 week. The cementation process takes approximately 2 hours. First, porcelain laminates are placed on the teeth without cemented, and colour harmony and shape are checked. The colour can be changed a little with the cementation colour. If everything is okay, laminates are cemented with special cementations.
What are the Advantages of Laminated Veneers?
- The treatment period is short.
- It is the most protective aesthetic dental application as there is very little abrasion on the tooth surface.
- Due to the porcelain surface structure, coffee and cigarette discoloration is very less compared to natural teeth.
- Thanks to its light transmittance, you will have new teeth that look like your natural teeth and that won’t look it is artificial.
- Gingival compatibility and protection are very good compared to porcelain crowns. Oral hygiene is definitely more comfortable.
- With the model which is specially prepared for you, you can see what your mouth will look like in 3D before your teeth are filled down.
What are the Disadvantages of Laminated Veneers?
- It requires clean and precise laboratory and clinical work.
- If you have a habit of clenching/grinding, bruxism, you should inform your doctor.
- You may have sensitivity to hot and cold right after the teeth are cemented. This is normal and reversible sensitivity.
- Hard foods should not be broken with laminate veneers. Although the cementation is strong and the laminates are resistant to abrasion, hard foods should not be broken with the teeth and the laminates must be protected.